WATER METER REMINDER
This notice is a reminder that water meters should be installed in all residences by July 1, 2020. Following are details about the water meter project.
- Office hours are 8:00am to 2:00pm – Monday thru Friday
Pick –up Location
- The location to pick-up water meters and/or remote reading sensors is the Long Beach Township Water/Sewer Department, 13000 Long Beach Blvd. (corner of 131st Street), Beach Haven Terrace.
Cost of Water Meter (new meter prices include reading sensor/register)
5/8 inch $196.00
3/4 inch $248.00 `
1 inch $282.00
1 ½ inch $583.00
2 inch $696.00
Cost of Remote Reading Sensor and Register (if you already have a water meter)
Remote Reading Sensor $96.00
Remote Reading Sensor/Register $190.00
*If you already have a water meter, it is necessary to purchase a remote reading sensor and/or register for that meter. Your plumber will most likely know whether you will need a register included with the remote reading sensor. If you or your plumber are unsure, we recommend to bring a picture of your meter at the time of pick-up so that we can assist you in making a determination if a register is needed.
- Payment for the water meter and remote reading sensor can be made by cash, check or credit card (plus a 2.75% credit card fee).
- In 2019 and 2020 and 2021 residences will be billed for water consumption under the current system; i.e. number of kitchens, bathrooms, appliances, fixtures, etc.
- Effective January 1, 2022, residences will be billed based on a basic fee and water meter reading.
- All meters will be read remotely.
- All meters must be installed by July 1, 2020.
- The cost of the meter and the installation will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
- The meter must be installed in the house or in a meter pit at the curb. The best location for the meter as well as the meter size should be discussed with a plumber prior to picking up the meter.
Scheduling of Testing/Programming Meters and Sensors
- At the time of pick-up, a date will be established for the water meter and/or remote reading sensor to be tested and programmed. If necessary, to postpone the original date call 609-492-6314 to reschedule.
General Contact Information
- If you have questions please call:
- Or you can email:
Ashley Bromiley: ABromiley@Longbeachtownship.com
Betsy Bartram: BBartram@Longbeachtownship.com