Water Meter Reminder
All residences in Long Beach Township should have water meters installed by July 1, 2020. If you currently have a meter you still must purchase a remote reading sensor and/or register for that meter so that it is compatible with the meter reading equipment of our vendor. Your plumber will most likely know what you will need.
If you have already purchased a meter and it hasn’t been activated, it is important to contact the Water/Sewer Department as soon as possible to set up a date to test and program the meter.
If you are planning on selling your house you must have a water meter installed & activated prior to a Certificate of Occupancy being issued to the buyer by the Township. Until May 1, 2020 the buyer may submit an Affidavit prepared by the Township stating that they are aware of the water meter requirement.
Following is an update and general information about the water meter project:
- The location to pick-up water meters and/or remote reading sensors is the Long Beach Township Water/Sewer Department, 13000 Long Beach Blvd. (corner of 131st Street), Beach Haven Terrace.
- Office hours are 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM- Monday thru Friday.
As a convenience to the homeowners and/or plumbers meters can be picked up on the following Saturdays and Holiday between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM:
March 7th April 4th May 16th June 13th
March 21st April 10th (Good Friday) May 30th June 20th
Cost of Water Meter (new meter prices include reading sensor/register)
- 5/8 inch $196.00
- 3/4 inch $248.00
- 1 inch $282.00
- 1 ½ inch $583.00
- 2 inch $696.00
Cost of Remote Reading Sensor and Register (if you already have a water meter)
Remote Reading Sensor/Register $190.00
If you or your plumber are unsure if you need a register or a new water meter, we recommend you bring a picture of your meter and the face of the register at the time of pick-up so that we can assist you in making a determination of the size and what is needed.
- Payment for the water meter and remote reading sensor can be made by cash, check or credit card (plus a 2.75% credit card fee).
- In 2020 and 2021 residences will be billed for water consumption under the current system; i.e. number of kitchens, bathrooms, appliances, fixtures, etc.
- Effective January 1, 2022, residences will be billed based on a basic fee and water meter reading.
- All meters will be read remotely.
- The cost of the meter and the installation will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
- The meter must be installed in a heated part of the house or in a meter pit at the curb.
The best location for the meter as well as the meter size should be discussed with a plumber prior to picking up the meter.
Scheduling of Testing/Programming Meters and Sensors
- After the meter is installed, please call (609) 492-6314 to schedule the testing and activation of the water meter. Someone is required to be present at the property at the time of activation if the meter is located inside the home. Activation should be completed within 3 weeks of installation.
General Contact Information
- If you have questions please call:
- Or you can email:
Ashley Bromiley: ABromiley@longbeachtownship.com
Betsy Bartram: BBartram@longbeachtownship.com