MUNICIPAL CLERK/REGISTRAR OF VITAL STATISTICS
- Danielle La Valle, RMC/CMR
ALTERNATE DEPUTY REGISTRAR
- David Brady, QPA/CMR
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING INTO A MARRIAGE:
- The marriage license application is to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
- If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
- Proof of identity by presenting your current driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
- Proof of your residency.
- Your social security number. (Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential)
- A witness, 18 years of age or older.
- The $28 application fee.
- Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- The marriage license application can be obtained by clicking the link below:
Marriage License Application
After you apply:
There is a 72-hour waiting period before the license is issued. The waiting period begins when the application is filed with the Local Registrar. There is no 72 hour waiting period for a remarriage; however, you must bring a certified copy of your existing marriage.
**APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUESTED FOR THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE. PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE.**
CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE OR CIVIL UNION LICENSE ARE AVAILABLE IN THE TOWN WHERE THE CEREMONY WAS PERFORMED
If the ceremony took place in Long Beach Township, you can obtain a copy by mail or in person:
BY MAIL: Fill out a “vital records copy request form”, which you can obtain by clicking the link below.
IN PERSON: Registrar’s office hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm.
If the ceremony did not take place in Long Beach Township – contact the Registrar in the Municipality where the ceremony was performed for the certified copies.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Danielle La Valle, RMC/CMR
Long Beach Township Registrar