We are excited to announce our first Cardboard Boat Regatta! September 9th starting at 10am at Bayview Park, put your cardboard and duct tape skills to the test and race your cardboard boat in the bay! Sponsored by Southwick’s Marina. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in the divisions plus Most Creative and Best Sink!
We have 3 Divisions:
- Multi-paddler ages 7-12 (child(ren) plus parent/guardian).
- Multi-paddler 13-17 (2 or more paddlers).
- Multi-paddler 18+ (adult 2 or more paddlers).
Please read the Official Regulations carefully: LBT Cardboard Boat Regatta Regulations
Cardboard boats will be launched from the bay beach to race around the buoy and return to the beach. The first boat back, in their heat, is the winner! Occupants must be in their boat throughout the entire race and must wear a lifejacket; standard oars/paddles may be used to propel the boat.
Official Boat Regulations:
· Boats must be made of cardboard and duct tape only!
· Paint is prohibited but permanent markers are acceptable.
· Cardboard cannot be sealed with paint, sealant, or caulk.
· No plastic, metal, or rubber reinforcements of the boats.
· Crewmembers must remain in the vessel for the duration of the race.
· Boats can be propelled by participant’s arms, oars, or paddles only.
· Participants under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult (18+), as well as wear a lifejacket.
· Derogatory & inappropriate related designs and messages are not permitted.
· Costumes are permitted but not required.
· All boats are subject to a pre-race inspection.