On or before February 1, 2012, you as a property owner will be mailed a “Notice of Property Tax Assessment for 2012”. At that time, if you disagree with the 2012 assessed value of your property, you have the right to appeal to the Ocean County Board of Taxation. Instructions for filing an appeal may be obtained by contacting the Ocean County Board of Taxation. Telephone (732) 929-2008, Room 215, Ocean County Court House, Toms River, NJ 08754-2191.
Your 2012 tax appeal must be filed with the Ocean County Board of Taxation on or before April 1, 2012 Long Beach Township Assessors Office does not have the appeal forms, you must obtain the forms from the Ocean County Board of Taxation. Remember: April 1st is the deadline.
Long Beach Township property tax information is available online and may be viewed at the Ocean County Tax Board.
Active Service Periods For Veteran Property Benefits
|Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm||August 2, 1990||Ongoing|
|Panama Peacekeeping Mission||December 20, 1989||January 31, 1990|
|Lebanon Peacekeeping Mission||September 26, 1982||December 1, 1987|
|Grenada Peacekeeping Mission||October 23, 1983||November 21, 1983|
|Vietnam Conflict||December 31, 1960||May 7, 1975|
|Korean Conflict||June 23, 1950||January 31, 1955|
|World War II||September 16, 1940||December 31, 1946|
|World War I||April 6, 1917||November 11, 1918|
- For claim by veteran; Service Record and DD214
- For claim by surviving spouse of a veteran or service person; The veterans death certificate and proof of New Jersey residency at time of death
- For claim by 100% disabled veteran and for surviving spouse of a 100% disabled American veteran or surviving spouse of a 100% disabled service person; DD214 and Letter of Declaration from the Veterans Administration
- Person aged 65 or over, permanently and totally disabled, or the surviving spouse of a person over age 55 and totally disabled; Annual income not to exceed $10,000, not including Social Security payments.
- Note: Because there are many exceptions to the rule, each applicant should confer with the Assessor about their eligibility.